Please click here to view Careers North Yorkshire 18_19 flipbook
Careers Entitlement Statement
As a school we have a statutory and moral duty to provide students in Years 8 to 11 with careers education, information, advice and guidance. This is extended at Holy Family Catholic High School to include Year 7.
Guidance takes place within the curriculum and with one to one consultations. Please liaise with Mr D Devlin, Careers Leader, regarding your child's consultations.
Consultation slots are communicated via your child's form tutor. Pupils are entitled to a minimum of three consultations, with an independent careers adviser, during their five years at Holy Family, in Year 8, 10 and 11.
Pupils are entitled to;
- clear advice and information about the options available, so that they understand what they involve. This includes KS4 and post-16 options
- support and guidance to help them make choices and complete a career plan for the future
- regular personal support and information on how well they are doing
- help to decide what to do when they leave Holy Family, including further learning, training and employment
- a programme of careers education helping them to develop the skills and knowledge to make choices and be successful in their transition to work and further learning
- the opportunity to be involved in making decisions about things that effect their learning
- opportunities to gain first hand experiences of local and regional post-16 providers