What is the Local Offer?
Local authorities must publish a Local Offer, setting out in one place information about provision they expect to be available across education, health and social care for children and young people in their area who have SEN or are disabled, including those who do not have Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans. In setting out what they ‘expect to be available’, local authorities should include provision which they believe will actually be available.
The Local Offer has two key purposes:
• To provide clear, comprehensive, accessible and up-to-date information about the available provision and how to access it, and
• To make provision more responsive to local needs and aspirations by directly involving disabled children and those with SEN and their parents, and disabled young people and those with SEN, and service providers in its development and review
Special Educational Needs and Disability code of Practice: 0 – 25 years. (July 2014). Department for Education, Department of Health.
As such, please find Holy Family’s Local Offer (which is part of North Yorkshire County Council’s Offer http://www.northyorks.gov.uk/article/23542/SEND---local-offer)
SEND Information, advice and support service
SENDIASS provides confidential and impartial information, advice and support to parents and carers of children who have special educational needs, learning difficulties or disabilities.
The team of SENDIASS co-ordinators are qualified and experienced in special educational needs, and are based at a variety of locations across the county.
- Listen to your concerns and worries;
- Give you information about special educational needs;
- Offer home visits;
- Provide advice by telephone;
- Support you in meetings;
- Go with you and your child to visit schools;
- Give you information about the special educational needs mediation service;
- Provide information about the special educational needs and disability tribunal; and
- Put you in touch with a voluntary organisation or parent support group.
- North Yorkshire SENDIASS will continue to offer information and support to families of students with SEND up to the age of 25 years whether or not they have a statement or EHC Plan.
For further information please contact us on 01609 536923
Click on the Link below for further information and contact details: