We, the Governors and Staff at the Holy Family Catholic High School offer in the spirit of partnership,
• an education based upon the Catholic ethos, developing positive moral principles in line with the School’s Mission Statement.
• a safe, caring, well-ordered environment, based upon mutual respect for all who make up the school community.
• the promotion of high standards of behaviour and the opportunity to take on responsibilities.
• a system of rewards and, where necessary, sanctions that are designed to be firm, fair and just.
• a well managed, “uniformed” school in which each child is treated as an individual whose intellectual, social and spiritual needs we strive to meet.
• a quality of education from well qualified staff in both the academic and pastoral fields, so that high standards are achieved.
• appropriate access to a broad and balanced curriculum, using a variety of teaching and learning styles designed to motivate and sustain interest.
• systems that monitor and assess progress and achievement, set targets and communicate outcomes by means of regular written reports and at Parents’ Meetings.
• clearly defined channels of communication for parents and students.
• a range of extra-curricular activities designed to enrich the educational experience.
We, the school, will expect that parents/carers and students will:-
• support the spiritual life of the school.
• take a pride in the school reinforcing our high reputation and affirming our Christian ethos.
• accept school standards and codes of behaviour and expectations for the benefit of all.
• accept the legitimacy of the school’s system of sanctions.
• notify us of any adjustments we need to help you support your child
We will expect that as a student of this school you will:-
• give of your best at all times:
• undertake all work set, be it class work, coursework or homework and take responsibility for it.
• attend school regularly and punctually, with all appointments, holidays, etc arranged outside school hours whenever possible.
• attend in school uniform.
• come properly equipped to cope with all the requirements of the school day.
• show concern and respect for all those you come into contact with, within the school community.
• respect the fabric and physical environment of the school.
• behave on your journeys to and from school in a manner that reflects credit upon you and the school.
We expect that as a parent/carer you will:-
• support your child’s learning.
• attend the scheduled evenings or any specially arranged appointments concerning the progress of your child.
• keep the school fully informed, as early as possible, of all matters likely to affect your child.
• sign the school homework planner weekly.
• notify the school office on the first day of your child’s absence, and supply a note to the Form Tutor after all absences.
• ensure your child complies with the school’s dress code